Anxiety is familiar to everyone at some point in our lives. It is usually a normal, useful and effective response in times of coping with stress, and something that can be understood and managed. However, some people experience intense and prolonged periods of anxiety and that, if left untreated, can develop into a debilitating anxiety disorder.
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
- Health Anxiety
- Panic Disorder
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Social Anxiety Disorder (SAD)
- Specific Phobias
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
Treatment for Anxiety
Effective treatment for anxiety can alleviate most, if not all of the distress and disability associated with anxiety, whilst teaching you new skills to cope with and recognise normal and adaptive experiences of anxiety. Treatment typically seeks to deal with the symptoms of anxiety, enable acceptance and works towards resolving the issues causing the anxiety wherever possible. The following therapies are evidence-based treatments for anxiety disorders:
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
We’re here to help. If you would like to enquire about treatment for Anxiety at Sanctum, please contact us to arrange an assessment.